Garage IPA 11oz bottle
(Spanish for the head of the grain.)
Used as the company logo.
Artisan craft beers from Catalonia Spain.
After working in Germany and Denmark, two beer loving chemists came together to create the finest “live” unpasteurized craft beers they could. Using their love and passion for beer, applied knowledge of chemistry and beer crafting along with the world’s finest ingredients, Teresa Galvan and Arnau Rovera of Espiga make incredibly good and original beers, each one with its own character. They have established themselves in Spain as a force of porter, a lager lord and a master of malt! Espiga should have a crown on their beer’s head.
Nulla vita sine cerevisia!
(No life without beer!)
Spana Life owners favorite "I love this beer and I don't like IPAs typically"
A lightly toasted beer, reddish in color with an explosion of citrus and tropical fruit aromas from the American hops.
Garage IPA has a red, toasted color and a light but creamy head. The aroma is particularly striking for its resinous pine notes and fruity lemon, peach and green plum notes, along with hints of caramel from the toasted malt and coffee from the black malt. The finish produces a mild bitterness, but lacking in harshness on the palate, typical of IPA.
Pairing: Cream cheeses such as Camembert, Indian curries and spicy Asian cooking. But really, pizza, hamburgers, BBQ and all by itself!
Serve in: Shaker, Tulip
IBU: 56 (medium bitterness)
- Pale Ale (England) Fully modified two-row Harrington barley. It imparts a complex malty flavor with notes of bread, dried fruits, and honey.
- Carafa (Germany) A light-roasted specialty malt made from high-quality spring barley. It's carefully roasted to add an espresso-like bouquet, coffee and chocolate flavors, and a mild but noticeable roasted aftertaste.
- Galena (America) Mild to moderate bitterness, with a surprisingly pleasant tropical citrus quality.
- Mosaic (America) Rich in mango, lemon, citrus, earthy pine, tropical fruit, herbal and stone fruit notes. Mosaic combines a very complex hop aroma.
- Citra (America) Specific aroma descriptors include grapefruit, orange, lemon, melon, apricot and peach.
- Amarillo (America) Distinct flowery, spicy, tropical; citrus-like with qualities of orange and lemon, like Cascade but much stronger.
- Simcoe (America) It is described as being both fruity and earthy. It can carry notes of berry, apricot, passion fruit, and citrus, but also has pronounced aromas of pine and woodsy earth. Flavor and aroma is quite complex and unique.
A true artisan craft beer. Made from the world's finest ingredients.
A complex 5 hop IPA without the bitter bomb.
What you get when 2 beer loving chemists from Barcelona want better beer.
2015 DUBLIN CRAFT BEER CUP BRONZE MEDAL.
Note: All purchases of alcoholic beverages must be made by persons over the age of 21.